Deep in Summer heat
It's so hot here. 97 degrees hot. I am sitting in the AC dreaming of eating cake but not wanting to turn on the oven. I have had some more good cakes to share. I am also getting very close to the 36 number. Wahoo!
Cake 31. Funfetti Cake
This was really fun to make and so perfect to celebrate Cody's birthday. We used both the cake and frosting recipe. VG
Cake 32. Chocolate Mousse Cake
Judy does it again. She served this cake with fresh raspberries and oh my VG!!! She was so kind to share her recipe too. Hope you enjoy it.
1 Tbl ground almonds (additional to dust pan)
10 1/2 oz dark chocolate (70 percent cocoa)
1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
pinch salt
5 large eggs
confections sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. lightly spray pan, then dust ground almonds. set aside.
- in double boiler set at a low simmer. melt butter, chocolate, and sugar, stirring frequently. remove from heat.
- in medium bowl, beat eggs and ground almonds. fold egg mix into chocolate mix and stir until thickened several minutes.
-pour batter into pan, smooth top, and bake 45 minutes or until top is set and begins to crack.
-remove side of pan and let cool. dust with confections sugar if desired.
source: Green and Blacks
Cake 33. Carrot Cake
This was another birthday cake for a neighbor. His wife got the cake from Whole Foods and it was served with vanilla ice cream. VG I highly recommend getting baked goods at Whole Foods.
We have plans to make another Half Baked Harvest cake in the near future (hello Father's Day)! I also have on my list to try a Tres Leches cake too.




Comments
Post a Comment