The last Cakes in 2020
We had a deep fall from cake eating in December...but that's because we were too busy eating cookies. The kids and I made sugar cookies (twice) and Rolo pretzel bites. We did try making cupcakes between but honestly they weren't all that good. Then we finished off the year with a great one.
20. Easy Vanilla Cupcakes (found on a random baking blog)
We wanted to bake so we set out to find an easy recipe. I hadn't prepared so I thought vanilla would be safe. We started adding items to the mixing bowl and read through the recipe. It felt wrong. I got frustrated. I think the results showed. I'm not sharing my source since these were not good. VB The lesson I learned was not to panic and just choose a recipe. It's worth researching and finding something we are excited to bake. Also, it didn't help that I may have over baked them.
21. Maple Cake with Maple Frosting
2020 ended with this amazing cake. It was from a trusted source, thank you Martha! It was sweet and moist. So good in fact that we agreed it would make the best breakfast cake too. I mean, it was pretty much equal to a pancake breakfast (especially since we served it with bacon). VG
Goodbye 2020, we thank you for all the hours we spent in beautiful Garden of the Gods!


Comments
Post a Comment