Weekend Cakes
Cake 12. We decided to re-make the Pumpkin bundt cake. It's just so good. Instead of doing doughnuts or pancakes we all agreed the cake would take its place for the weekend. I omitted the cream cheese in the center this time and it was still VG!
Cake 13. Cherry Chip cake with Cherry Vanilla Frosting
My friend had a birthday this weekend and shared her all time favorite cake from childhood with me. When you go the grocery store in CO they give kids free cookies (pre-covid times). The cookie traditionally was a pink cherry chip cookie. So tasty and anyone from my generation would know the flavor. Well this cake has the same idea. It was a good cake; well made, moist and tasted good (if you like Cherry chip). Thats the big discussion...does anyone like this flavor for cake??? I personally thought the flavor was ok, not anything like a chocolate. I'm glad to have tried a new cake flavor though.
Cake 14. Chocolate cake with white frosting.
A Classic cake pairing which was VG. There is nothing like a classic birthday cake. The decorations were darling for a BIG birthday in my family. My dad, sister, and daughter all celebrate birthdays this week. This cake came from King Soopers bakery. It was served with ice cream too!
It was just too much fun eating cake this weekend!! I so enjoyed seeing family and friends!


Comments
Post a Comment