When life gives you lemons...
you stitch together a radio active lemon helmet. -Milo Murphy's Law
Today we made a lemon sheet cake. I have never made a sheet cake so the process of boiling butter was new to me. I also poured the frosting right on a hot cake instead of waiting for it to cool. This was also something I have never done before. My sister recommended I try this recipe after she made it on the 4th of July. So here we are in the dog days of summer craving a fresh lemon and berry topped cake.
Cake 8. Red, White and Blue Lemon Sheet Cake
The lemon flavor in this cake was VG but my overall rating for the cake was G (good). It was a sweet cake and I had even cut the frosting in half. We ate it with blueberries and raspberries and they really do make the cake! I will definitely be eating a piece with breakfast. The kids had a second mini slice!
P.S. If you have kids ages 6-10 Milo Murphy's law is a Disney cartoon that is brilliantly funny.

Comments
Post a Comment