Birthday Party

 It was party day! My Grandma and I always have a joint birthday dinner. So naturally we always go all out! Sometimes we even would celebrate at the Broadmoor Hotel together! This year was no exception, my mom and Natalie had been planning all week the details for the big day. There were beautiful sunflowers all over the house. I had mentioned to Natalie that I liked flamingos, so she added them to the decor with sweet drawings placed throughout the party. They even planned party games: tetherball and a cakewalk. That's right the year of cake, started with a cakewalk celebration! Grandma picked the winning numbers.


                                                                                                            Grandma, Age 95

Cake 7, The party cake came from a local bakery/cafe called Garden of The Gods Gourmet. There were sunflowers and the cute addition of a flamingo decorated on top! It was one of the first cakes we ordered from their new head baker. The past baker had baked cakes for us for years (like my wedding cake) so it was a big deal that she was gone. (She moved out of town or we would have found her, ha!) I really like Spice cake so Cody ordered a Spice cake with cream cheese frosting. It was beautifully made and we were all thrilled with the cake. I rated the cake on my birthday G (good). It was slightly sweet with the large amount of exterior frosting. The cake and inside cream cheese frosting was a good balance though.  There was a lot of cake left over, so we shared some with friends and family as well as continued to enjoy it all week. Each day we decided it got better and better so I changed my rating to a VG! 

                                                                                                                                        Me, Age 36

It was a wonderful birthday celebration and I feel so blessed to have such a great family to love and support me! Oh and the cakewalk...the kids each won a cake to take home! There was 4 different cakes: Black Forest, Carrot, Chocolate and Classic Vanilla. This was such a fun game to play for any party planners out there! I didn't try any of them because I was already eating so much cake but my kids enjoyed both chocolate and carrot. No reviews were given on their behalf.



Comments

Popular Posts