Love this Recipe

I started going through Cody's mom's recipes and found this tasty meal. Aunt Laurie encouraged me to try it because she remembered how wonderful it was too. We changed it to a pork roast instead of pork chops so it yielded a ton of food. We ate it for 3 days straight. I made tacos with the leftover meat and they too were amazing!!

Things I love about this meal:
Easy --- No to many ingredients
Crock pot --- dinner ready when you get home
Makes several meals for leftovers
Cheap --- I think it cost less then $10.00

Please try it and let me know what you think

Southwest Pork Chops

6 pork rib chops, cut ¾ in thick (We used a pork roast)

1 15 oz can Mexican style or tex mex chili beans (we used hot chili beans)

1 ¼ c bottled salsa

1 cup fresh or frozen whole corn kernels

2 cups hot cooked rice

snipped fresh cilantro

Directions: Trim excess fat from chops. Place chops at the bottom of a crock pot. Add chili beans and salsa. Cover; cook on high for 2 ½ hrs or low for 5 ½ hrs. (we cooked on low) Stir in corn and cook 30 min. longer. Serve over rice and sprinkle with cilantro. All day cooking substitute 8 boneless pork chops, cover and cook low for 9 ½ hrs. stir in corn then cook 30 min longer.



Comments

  1. Yummy!!!! I love making this! I use a pork roast too and then I shred the meat, add the corn and eat it up in tortillas with a little shredded cheese (and any other toppings I have on hand!). I am going to have to do this sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts