Episode 3

Episode 3 take 2 "The Cocktail"

Many of you know that I believe that my life the last 3-4 years should have been written into a daily soap! Well this weekend we taped another episode.

We could have been at the hospital with Jake next to us doing an open heart surgery on Kendall and JR and Marissa fighting to save his life (All my Children)... or maybe we were living the classic ER (one of my favorites) episode with Carter and Nila doing their rounds and Pratt inside the operating room with Abby stitching up a leg..

Well, we didn't get to see any of my favorite docs but what we did see was...

In the waiting room:
An old German man get wheeled into the ER refusing to fill out any paper work and loudly complain of his hurt leg and how he must be seen immediately. He then grabbed the trash can and elevated his leg and started rubbing it up and down "Something is wrong my leg!"

Another old man anxious to see his ill wife and trying to get everyone else in the room to agree that "dying" is the only reason to go to the ER and that is why he should get straight through security. He started repeating his story over and over until they called him back down. He was just worried but made everyone in the room a little uncomfortable by directly trying to get you to agree.

A loud cellphone conversation from a women that convinced me that people no longer have class in America and no one knows how to treat each other kindly. (which is probably why I think it is ok to even blog about my night at the ER.)


On the Inside...My diagnosis please:
We happened to get put in a room (sooo not a room when curtains divide your problems) between 2 others... so what kind of emergencies were really happening:

A young man told the doctor he had an anxiety attack at work so he wanted to charge his employer for his hospital visit because he hated his job so much (employee of the year here) So the workers comp came into action... then the doctor flat out asked "do you think you might be bipolar?" based on his symptoms.

Chicken pox??? No, bedbugs. Need I say more. That is right, I was within 15 ft from bedbugs. I about died. (The nurse said her bites were healed so she probably didn't have them in her own bed but got them from sleeping at a friend's.) Seriously, almost fell out of my chair. I had actually been joking with Cody about getting bedbugs since we were in public previous to overhearing this. I still can't get over this.

A really cute old man (78) that fell face first, but here is the catch...he was out bowling... (again age 78.)

Sweet old woman that had fallen in her home by tripping over the paper shredder. She was so kind and just a little doll. She was married for 70 years and just recently lost her husband. Now she had real class. Can you imagine being without your love after 70 years (plus she said they dated 5 years before they got married)? Heart braking.

Lastly, was a kid that said he fell down the stairs. They gave him some pain meds and x-rays. Then, about 10 minutes after he told the doctor what happened a young girl came back to see him. She was limping and holding her side saying, "I haven't been called back to get checked yet." I am pretty sure they didn't both fall down the stairs...

And then there was us...
Cody has had a splitting headache all week and so we had no other choice but to go to the ER. He had a "headache cocktail" go through an IV and some fluids to try and heal his headache. It gave him relief for a little while last night but then he woke up with it again. We are praying we can find something that will take away the pain and stop his head from pounding. We are going to be calling some more doctors on Monday. The scan we took at the hospital came back clear but they did suggest we do some further investigation. We ask for prayers please.


What a trip it is in the ER. I can't even imagine working there it is so wild. No wonder ER the TV show was so entertaining... it is just like real life! Clearly I was amused by others last night, but how else do you get through sitting in a room for 7 hours...


Comments

  1. This is H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S except for the fact that you had to be at the ER and for 7 HOURS! We hope Cody will rest and feel so much better real soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts