Happy Fourth of July Weekend!
I started the weekend by singing all the patriotic songs I could think of while gardening today. It was quite fun and very entertaining. I think it is a great way to get in the spirit!
We are going to go to the mountains to celebrate and then hopefully catch a firework show in the evening. I am sure that I will take some photos! Enjoy the weekend!
This time of year really gets me excited about baseball season (even though it started months ago). We have been trying to watch all the games since we have cable this summer. The Rockies, of course, are the team of choice. GO ROCKIES!!!

My favorite player (for two seasons in a row) is Brad Hawpe. This is 90% based on looks but he is also a darn good player. Home Run Hawpe!

Cody's favorite player is Ryan Spilborghs. He likes him for several reasons I am sure; but I know that he had a chance to play against him in college (Westmont vs. UCSB) making Cody feel like his college career was successful. Spilborghs actually homered against the Warrior's ace and Cody's good friend, Jeremiah Kiley.

Also while training in college Cody took batting practice with Clint Barmes and he "hooked" Cody up with several pairs of batting gloves. Therefore Clint is also a favorite.

The Rockies also have a ridiculous mascot that several fans call Rocky but his name is really Dinger (the dinosaur)! Rocky is actually the name of the Denver Nuggets mascot. This is understandably confusing.

I like to turn watching all this baseball into several fun competitions and one of them is who will win the World Series. Although, we are both fans of the Rockies, neither of us chose them to go all the way. I have chosen the LA Dodgers because my favorite player, Rafael Furcal, is on the team. ( I think that they can do with out Manny, he could have stayed suspended the whole season :) )

Cody picked the Boston Red Sox to take the World Series. He thinks they have good pitching depth and experienced hitters. He is so technical!


My favorite Rocky is Tulo!!
ReplyDeleteI'm going with Detroit this year. They have amazing pitching. Boston only wins if Ortiz figures it out. LA only wins if they bench Manny and let Pierre play. And how about Eric Young Jr. in the futures game! Call him up!